Team India will kickstart 2023 with the home series against Sri Lanka. As the year goes on, difficult events will start to challenge the men in blue. On that note, here, we take a look at Men’s Indian Cricket Team Schedule 2023.
Indian Cricket Team Schedule for 2023
Team India will be involved in some key events this year. Most of the matches will be ODIs, in preparation for the ODI World Cup later in the year. Hence, Rohit Sharma and his men will play a lot of 50-over games. India’s five-day assignments include an important Border-Gavaskar Trophy at home. The team will also start the overseas cycle of the next World Test Championship cycle this year. In between, India will also get to play in the final of the World Test Championship if they qualify. If Asia Cup happens outside Pakistan, India is also likely to take part in this competition.
- January – 3 ODIs and 3 T20Is vs Sri Lanka at Home
- January – 3 ODIs and 3 T20Is vs New Zealand at Home
- February/March – 4 Tests and 3 ODIs vs Australia at Home
- June – World Test Championship Final (If India qualifies)
- July/August – 2 Tests, 3 ODIs and 3 T20Is vs West Indies Away
- September – Asia Cup 2023
- October – 3 ODIs vs Australia at Home
- October/November – ICC ODI World Cup 2023 at Home
- December – 3 T20Is vs Australia at Home
- December – 2 Tests vs South Africa Away
An important year for the men in blue
India will be desperate to win the ODI World Cup in 2023. In the past three editions, it is the host team that has won the trophy. Therefore, the team will want to win it for themselves and the fans. It has been a while since India won a major ICC tournament. Hence, it is high time for the same. Already, BCCI has triggered changes to ensure India would win the event. Another important competition will be the WTC final if India qualifies.
As we inch closer to welcoming the New Year 🎊, let’s take a look back at some of the 🔝 moments for #TeamIndia in 2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣2️⃣ 🙌🏻 pic.twitter.com/8d6OFCX0u6
— BCCI (@BCCI) December 31, 2022