The 2023 edition of the Indian Premier League would start on March 31st. This time around, the competition will come back to its home and away-format. Chennai Super Kings is one of the most popular franchises in the competition. Here, we take a look at the CSK IPL 2023 Schedule.
CSK IPL 2023 Schedule
Fans are waiting to witness MS Dhoni back in action. They will have to wait until the opening day of IPL 2023 on March 31st to see that. CSK’s first game would be against defending champions Gujarat Titans in Ahmedabad. Here is the fixture for CSK in IPL 2023:
- 31st March – Gujarat Titans (A)
- 03rd April – Lucknow Super Giants (H)
- 08th April – Mumbai Indians (A)
- 12th April – Rajasthan Royals (H)
- 17th April – Royal Challengers Bangalore (A)
- 21st April – Sunrisers Hyderabad (H)
- 23rd April – Kolkata Knight Riders (A)
- 27th April – Rajasthan Royals (A)
- 30th April – Punjab Kings (H)
- 04th May – Lucknow Super Giants (A)
- 06th May – Mumbai Indians (H)
- 10th May – Delhi Capitals (H)
- 14th May – Kolkata Knight Riders (H)
- 20th May – Delhi Capitals (A)
Are you ready to see if @ChennaiIPL wear the crown this season?
Tune-in to the #TataIPLOnStar to find out, LIVE! pic.twitter.com/HY7J0KnMJ3Advertisement
— Star Sports (@StarSportsIndia) February 17, 2023
Time for Chennai Super Kings to step up
CSK did not have a great outing in IPL 2022. The team finished in the bottom half of the table. However, a similar thing happened in IPL 2020 and the team came back to win the competition in IPL 2021. Hence, the fans would expect a similar response in IPL 2023, too.
Importantly, CSK would play half of their group games in Chennai. They have a squad that does well here and hence, they will be backed to reach the playoffs. The team has also added Ben Stokes to the setup which would further excite the fans. Much of it could depend on how the likes of Ravindra Jadeja and Moeen Ali would perform in IPL 2023. If the duo can step up both with the bat and the ball, CSK will end up with good results.