Team India is a busy team and it will be no different for them in October. While September mainly focused on the team’s preparation for the T20 World Cup, the men in blue will further prepare and take the plunge in October. Here, we take a look at the Indian Cricket Team schedule for October 2022.
Indian Cricket Team schedule for October 2022
🚨 NEWS: India’s squad for ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022.
Rohit Sharma (C), KL Rahul (VC), Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Deepak Hooda, R Pant (WK), Dinesh Karthik (WK), Hardik Pandya, R. Ashwin, Y Chahal, Axar Patel, Jasprit Bumrah, B Kumar, Harshal Patel, Arshdeep SinghAdvertisement
— BCCI (@BCCI) September 12, 2022
India will first finish the two T20I encounters against South Africa at the beginning of October. There are three ODIs that will happen soon after this event. It is expected that the squad selected for the T20 World Cup will fly to Australia while a new team will be a part of the ODIs. The likes of Shikhar Dhawan and Shubman Gill will feature in this assignment.
Then, it’s all about the T20 World Cup. There would be two practice games before the all-important India-Pakistan clash on October 23rd. India would also take on South Africa in the T20 WC this month.
Here is India’s calendar for October 2022:
- India vs South Africa 2nd T20I – October 2nd
- India vs South Africa 3rd T20I – October 4th
- India vs South Africa 1st ODI – October 6th
- India vs South Africa 2nd ODI – October 9th
- India vs South Africa 3rd ODI – October 11th
- India vs Australia Warmup T20I – October 17th
- India vs New Zealand Warmup T20I – October 19th
- India vs Pakistan (T20 World Cup) – October 23rd
- India vs A2 (T20 World Cup) – October 27th
- India vs South Africa (T20 World Cup) – October 30th
India will be under pressure to win the 2022 T20 World Cup
A return to the land Down Under 🛩 🏆Advertisement
— T20 World Cup (@T20WorldCup) September 28, 2022
It has been a while since India won an ICC event. Considering the nation is a powerhouse when it comes to cricket, it is surprising that they don’t perform well consistently on the big stage.
Especially since the last edition went bad, India will be under pressure to win the 2022 T20 World Cup. A loss here is likely to result in some drastic changes with respect to the team.