FeatureWWE

Drew McIntyre looks back at a post from a decade ago to highlight his remarkable journey

Drew McIntyre has been one of the most dominant forces in the WWE off late and from his rivalries earlier that established himself as the Scottish Psychopath. At the Clash in the Castle coming up, it goes without saying that his battle with the Archer of Infamy, Damian Priest is going to be the highlight of the PLE.

McIntyre is currently involved in a handful of rivalries which has put him on a collision path with Priest, Seth Rollins and CM Punk. The feud with Punk is the poster-boy of all clashes but then again the other two haven’t been anything short.

Drew is very active on social media and in his latest post, he actually took a walk down the memory lane, picking up a post which said that he was released by WWE. However, fast forward the clock and we have him headlining the PLE all set to unfurl in front of his home crowd.

Advertisement

Here is what Drew McIntyre had to say on X

In the post by McIntyre on X, formerly known as Twitter, it said, “June 12, 2014: Brodus Clay, Evan Bourne, Teddy Long, Curt Hawkins and other WWE Superstars released. I didn’t even make the headline. 10 years later I am the headline.”

McIntyre clinched the Royal Rumble in 2020 where he eliminated Roman Reigns. He also eliminated the Beast Incarnate and eventually challenged him for the gold. In the follow-up WrestleMania, McIntyre went onto win his first title by trumping Brock Lesnar.

At the Showcase of Immortals this year, McIntyre went onto beat Seth Rollins for the title but his reign was shortlived than ever as Damian Priest cashed in and then beat him comprehensively to leave him angrier than ever.

Advertisement

Since then he has gone back and forth with CM Punk, Seth Rollins and Damian Priest. With Punk and Seth still battling injury, this is another golden opportunity for McIntyre to claim the title.

Related Articles

Back to top button